OSHA, the Occupational Safety & Health Administration, is an agency of the U.S. Department of Labor which sets and enforces standards for workplace safety. It also protects whistleblowers who report workplace hazards.
Compliance with OSHA Standards
For health care facilities, OSHA compliance covers a range of topics including:
- The handling of bloodborne pathogens
- Employees’ right to know about presence of hazardous materials
- Radiation safeguards and warnings (for facilities that use x-ray machines)
- Electrical equipment safety
- Other aspects of workplace safety.
The Cost of Violation
OSHA compliance violations carry penalties of between $5,000 and $70,000 per violation.
If you aren’t entirely sure that your practice is fully OSHA compliant, chances are good that it’s not.
Safeguard Your Practice
Getting fully OSHA compliant is easier and faster than you think. Star Compliance Services’ expert training, assessment and consulting services will help you achieve full compliance. Contact us to find out more about our OSHA compliance services.